The 5th International AI Werewolf Competition Infrastructure Division
In the 5th International AI Werewolf Competition, we open an infrastructure division to evaluate the contribution to the development of AI Werewolf such as sample agents, libraries for making agents, alternative game servers, cool game viewers, etc.
Creations submited to this division will be evaluated by the participants and organizers of the AI Werewolf competition, and a vote will choose the best contribution of this year.
The results of voting by participants and organizers are shown in the table below.
||Name of Work
||Number of Votes
The Best Contribution Award went to UTRAD Werewolf.
Reasons for voting for UTRAD Werewolf (excerpt)
- Platforms that allow AI to play against humans are important, but so far there has not been one with a high level of perfection, and it has not become widespread. UTRAD is highly complete and can be expected to have a positive impact beyond developers.
- While creating AI Werewolf, I felt the need for online competition between humans and AI in order to collect and learn a wide range of data. It met my needs, and the manual was thorough and easy to understand.
- I think a platform for playing against werewolf AI and humans is a necessary tool for the werewolf AI community. Proposing one of these in a form that can be distributed is considered to be a very high degree of contribution, so I think it can be highly praised. It would be great if it would be possible to easily hold events such as exhibition matches between human players and AI Werewolf which made it to the finals of the world and Japan tournaments.
- A creation submittable to the “Infrastructure Division” is a software that assists the research and development of AI Werewolf agents.
For example, a platform for agent development, much improved sample agents than existing ones, much improved game viewers than official one, etc.
- To participate in this division, please publish your software including the documents that describe how to use it, how to build it, etc.
You can publish it using your favorite source-code hosting service such as GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, etc.
Please don’t forget to apply your favorite open source license to your software.
After publishing your software, please send an email to the organizing commitee (gm atmark aiwolf.org) with the link to your software.
- During the competition, organizers and participants of the competition will evaluate submissions and vote for the most contributing work.
- To facilitate access, evaluation and voting, we will put the links to the submissions in this page.
- Submission deadline is August 18th, 2023 (Anywhere on Earth)